- Click on the “Home” button, find the “Settings” icon in your Home screen(s), and then tap on it.
- When your iPad Settings screen opens, the “General” settings will be selected by default.
- To change your iTunes email account and enter another Apple ID, tap on the “Store” category on the left.
- Then, tap on the “Sign Out” button on the right. Your iPad will confirm the successful logout by displaying a “Account: Not Signed in” message at the top. You are now ready to switch to another iTunes account.
- Just tap on the “Sign in” button, and the iPad will open a “iTunes Password” dialog: type in your alternate
- Apple ID’s email address in the “Username” text field, and fill in the “Password” field. Once you’ve updated your credentials, tap on the “OK” button.
- You may see a “Verification Required” dialog, with the following message: “Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue, then verify your payment information”. Tap on the “OK” button to proceed (and get more details about the iTunes Verification Required error message, which has to do with billing information). If you don’t see this message, you are done, and you successfully updated your iPad login for the iTunes Store!
If you use multiple iTunes accounts, keep in mind that your iPad will automatically “remember” the last Apple ID you have used, and will expect the password for that account when needed. Most content you purchase or download from the iTunes Store contains “DRM” protection, which will prevent you from playing items that were purchased with a different Apple ID / Account.
Change Itunes account on my IPadPosted: June 4, 2011 in HOW TO
Tags: account, email, ipad, itunes, password, save, tools